The Detroit Sportsmen’s Congress has Archery-based activities to fit everyone’s interest. Archery activities have been a part of DSC since 1948 and the committee is proud to be an expanding group with new responsibilities and functions as we enter our 80th year as a full-function shooting sports club.
Whether your interests lay in target shooting, competition, or practice for archery hunting, we have a facility for you.
- 30 target outdoor 3D animal range. Varying shot distances and elevations. (Target points only!)
- A six-lane outdoor practice range with 20 yd. and 30 yd. shooting lines.
- A ten-lane indoor practice range. Used for practice and league shooting especially during inclement weather. (Note “inclement” spelled wrong originally.)
- Two broadhead practice ranges. Used during the fall league only. Fifteen targets on each course.
- Outdoor Professional Archery (PA) range. Used for tournament archery and distance practice.
- Beginning in January, Indoor Education in Archery: Ten week class to establish proper form and technique.
- April – June: Outdoor 3D competition league. Eight week league with a handicap format to ensure that every team has a chance to “Win It”. Banquet and awards for the winning team with prizes for all.
- Bowhunter Education Class: Held annually to allow for seasons and ease of participation. A one-day class.
- Open 3D shooting: Outdoor course is open to members and the public from May until the last regular weekend before the start of Archery Deer Season. 9:00 am to 3:00 pm most Saturdays and Sundays.
- Fall Outdoor League: Shoot either target-point 3D archery or broadheads on the animal silhouette course. Eight-week league with a fall banquet for all teams. (No trophies)
- J.O.A.D. Archery: Instruction and practice in target archery to introduce and educate those interested in competitive tournament archery. Sixteen weeks – held outdoors in good weather only. (May – September)
- Michigan Senior Olympics 900 Archery Round: Held annually: Entry through the MSO website.
- Annual “Toys for Tots” Archery 3D Shoot: Held the first weekend in December, bring a new, unwrapped toy for a needy child and shoot the 30-target 3D course for $1.00.
International Bow Hunter Education (I.B.E.P.) Class:
Classes are held twice yearly. One class is held at the Dequindre property, and one at the Oxford Campground. If you are planning an out-of-state or Canadian hunting trip with archery equipment, check to see if you are required to have this certification.
Michigan Senior Olympics – Archery Competition:
Currently hosting the annual MSO Archery competition 900 round.
Becoming an Outdoors Woman (B.O.W.) classes:
Sponsored by and maintained by the Michigan DNR, classes are designed around creating access to the shooting sports for women.
Please check our Coming Events page for scheduled days and times of all events.
Detroit Sportsmen’s Congress is affiliated with: Michigan Archery Association Michigan Bow Hunters Association, National Field Archery Association.
|Adult Regular Member||$6.00||$6.00 per round|
|Adult "work Hours" Member||$3.00||$3.00|
|Adult Guest||$8.00||$10.00 per round|
|MBH Adult Guest||$7.00||$9.00 per round|
|MBH Junior Guest||$3.00||$5.00|
- Student Members are children of DSC Members attending college and are 18 – 21 years old.
- Members of the Michigan Bow Hunters Association (MBH) and their immediate family receive a $1.00 discount with proof of current year membership.
- “Juniors” are participants aged 17 years and younger.
- PA & Indoor Range “Open Shooting” use will be calculated on an hourly rate.