The Detroit Sportsmen’s Congress has Archery-based activities to fit everyone’s interest. Archery activities have been a part of DSC since 1948 and the committee is proud to be an expanding group with new responsibilities and functions as we enter our 80th year as a full-function shooting sports club.
Whether your interests lay in target shooting, competition, or practice for archery hunting, we have a facility for you.
1. 30 target outdoor 3D animal range. Varying shot distances and elevations. (Target points only!)
2. A six-lane outdoor practice range with 20 yd. and 30 yd. shooting lines.
3. A six- lane indoor practice range. Used for practice and league shooting especially during inclimate weather.
4. Two broadhead practice ranges. Used during the fall league only. Fifteen targets on each course.
5. Outdoor Professional Archery (PA) range. Used for tournament archery and distance practice.
1. Winter “Basic Archery” Class:
Held January thru March on the indoor range. Youth focused but available to all as well as guests. Due to available space, class is limited to 24 members.
2. Indoor “Spot” league:
Thursday evenings January thru March. Adult and Junior competition with class awards.
3. Open 3D shoots:
Open to members and the public from April to September. Course is open every weekend from 9AM to 5PM with exceptions for holidays.
4. Spring 3D League:
Team based competition on the outdoor 3D range. League is on Monday evenings, from April thru June (8 weeks). League limited to 40 teams.
5. Open 3D “Stickbow” shoots:
Open shooting for Longbow and Recurve bow shooters. Shoots are held on weekends from April thru September.
Please check the Archery Calendar for dates & times.
6. Junior Olympic Archery Development [J.O.A.D.] Instruction:
Introduction and instruction in Olympic-style tournaments & competition. Two eight-week sessions held on Thursday evenings from May thru August.
“Youth focused” but open to all that desire to learn Olympic style archery.
7. Fall 3D/Broadhead combination league:
An eight-week league, held from July to September. Archers may shoot 3D archery with practice tips, or use hunting style points on the silhouette course.
Our largest event, it offers outdoor practice just before the opening of the Archery Deer Season.
8. Winter 3D Shoots: Starting with the annual “Toys 4 Tots” shoot held the first Sunday in December, outdoor 3D shooting in the winter presents another challenge. Shoots are held on the second Sunday of each month in January, February and March.
International Bow Hunter Education (I.B.E.P.) Class:
Classes are held twice yearly. One class is held at the Dequindre property, and one at the Oxford Campground. If you are planning an out-of-state or Canadian hunting trip with archery equipment, check to see if you are required to have this certification.
Michigan Senior Olympics – Archery Competition:
Currently hosting the annual MSO Archery competition 900 round.
Becoming an Outdoors Woman (B.O.W.) classes:
Sponsored by and maintained by the Michigan DNR, classes are designed around creating access to the shooting sports for women.
Please check our Coming Events page for scheduled days and times of all events.
Detroit Sportsmen’s Congress is affiliated with: Michigan Archery Association Michigan Bow Hunters Association, National Field Archery Association.
|Adult Regular Member||$6.00||$6.00 per round|
|Adult "work Hours" Member||$3.00||$3.00|
|Adult Guest||$8.00||$10.00 per round|
|MBH Adult Guest||$7.00||$9.00 per round|
|MBH Junior Guest||$3.00||$5.00|
- Student Members are children of DSC Members attending college and are 18 – 21 years old.
- Members of the Michigan Bow Hunters Association (MBH) and their immediate family receive a $1.00 discount with proof of current year membership.
- “Juniors” are participants aged 17 years and younger.
- PA & Indoor Range “Open Shooting” use will be calculated on an hourly rate.